Assistant Professor – WU Vienna
Research Institute Economics of Inequality
The Research Institute Economics of Inequality (WU Vienna) is looking for a third-party-funded Assistant Professor, non-tenure track (Fulltime, 40 hours/week; starting June 01, 2022 and ending after 6 years).
What to expect:
– Contribute to research on inequality, particularly concerning topics that are prevalent at the research institute (see https://www.wu.ac.at/en/ineq/research)
– Conceptualize and write competitive research proposals with the aim of submitting them to renowned national and international science foundations (such as ERC, FWF, Anniversary Fund of the Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB), …)
– Perform independent research and pursue high quality scientific publications in top journals in the field
– Support and supervise early career researchers and prae docs at INEQ
– Support further research activities
– Optional: Teaching on inequality at WU
What you have to offer:
– Strong PhD in economics, socioeconomics or other social sciences
– Excellent skills in empirical research, specifically in econometrics, and proficiency in the use of the statistical software package R
– Strong academic record (in terms of publications, third-party funded research projects)
– Experience in acquiring and executing research projects
– Preferably prior research experience in topics related to INEQ research topics (see https://www.wu.ac.at/en/ineq/research)
– Excellent communicative, social and teamwork skills
– Excellent command of English and German
More information on this vacancy is available here. For further questions on the job contact email@example.com.
Deadline for applications: April 27, 2022.