Call for expression of interest
Organization of the 11th ECINEQ Conference
The Society for the Study of Economic Inequality invites now members and any academic/research institutions to submit an expression of interest to host the Eleventh Conference of the Society to be held in 2025. Proposals, accompanied to a formal letter addressed to the ECINEQ President Nora Lustig, should be sent by e-mail to the ECINEQ Secretariat (e-mail: email@example.com).
The proposal should also contain a declaration that the institution will be able to meet the following criteria:
– Conference Venue. Room availability, facilities, and services provided to participants.
– Coffee/Lunch breaks. Food and beverage availability during the conference days.
– Accommodation of participants and guest speakers. Accommodation availability for participants, considering the proximity to the Conference Venue and reasonable ranges of quality and prices.
– Transportation. Accessibility of Conference Venue through public transportation and/or transportation provided by organizing institution.
– Social events. Venue availability for the conference dinner and other potential social events.
– Financial support for PhD students and LDC researchers. Possibility of devoting funds to cover the fees for some overseas PhD students and LDC researchers. Indicate the amount of the resources available and possible selection criteria.
– Financial self-sufficiency. Ability to cover the conference costs with registration fees.
The general guidelines to write the proposal are available here.
The ECINEQ Executive Committee will review the proposals and contact the submitters with the results of the evaluation.
Deadline for submission of proposals: May 31, 2024.
Notification of decisions: July 2024.
For more details, please, click here.